Updated: May 28
-Here's how to achive a Parisan style summer look.
-Is it just me or are french women taking on the fashion world? It seems like Instagram, Pinterest and other social media are flooded with Parisian influencers lately.
-Well, it's not that surprising, everything about Paris is impeccable: food, art, music, language, people, every quart of the town and fashion weeks, oh those fashion weeks.
- What's Parisian style? -
The point of the Parisian style is to never be overdressed. Instead, the key is to dress effortlessly and accessorization of outfits is kept to a minimum; jewelry is simple, and usually, Parisian girls do not wear more than three delicate pieces.
One statement piece like a scarf, a hat, or a great pair of shoes is what Parisian style is all about. The definition of Parisian girl style is stylish, simple and chic
- How to dress like a Parisian? -
1) For tops go with - a white blouse, silk bra, turtleneck, or a sweater
2) For bottoms - nice jeans, black trousers or a chic skirt
3) Dresses - something that fits your body, silk dress or slip and wrap dress
4) Outwear - blazer, coat or a topcoat
5) Shoes and bags
6) Always have a belt
7) Confidence is a key
- What should you NOT wear in Paris? -
So if you wanna avoid standing out in Paris and those looks from head to toe, these are things to APSOLUTLY avoid: backpack, hand-held purse, selfie stick, UGG boots, flip flops and sweatpants.
Your goal is to keep the comfortable look but still maintain chic, classic and nonchalant.
- Do French women wear Louis Vuitton? -
Even though Louis Vuitton is a French brand and it's popular all around the world, you'll never see a fashionable French woman with a Louis Vuitton bag.
They appear to like more something classic and elegant like Dior or Chanel.
- What handbags do Parisian women carry? -
A crossbody purse with a chain is usually the purse of a choice.
- Why do Parisians wear black? -
They consider black to be the definition of elegancy. Also it gives an impression of sophistication and confidence.
- Do Parisian actually wear berets? -
The most crucial thing for Americans to know about French is that they DO NOT wear berets.